bg

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Becky & Emory {Just Married}

Becky & Emory both graduated from the Univeristy of Alabama. In fact, they were in some photos together from the graduation ceremony they just hadn't met each other yet. It wasn't until Emory went to work with Becky's stepfather that they were introduced, began dating and now have become a Mr. & Mrs.!

I met Becky at the bridal fair in January and we just clicked. I know...you're thinking how do you know you have a connection with someone from just meeting them in passing at a bridal fair? Well, I remembered her! That sounds crazy, I know but when you meet oh, 500 or so brides and you can distinctly remember one then I'd say that's a connection. We emailed back and forth and then when I learned the groom's name was Emory. Seriously? That's one of my favorite names ever (like I wanted to name my kids that favorite) so I knew it must be fate. Becky truly is one of the sweetest human beings ever. Do you know that since her wedding she actually e-mailed me and volunteered to help with the bridal fair coming up? Is this girl for real?!

Becky was a dream bride, Emory was a perfect gentleman, the family was wonderful (they had us over for cookies & lunch!) and they were married at the old brick church in Mooresville which is just perfection in my book. I had the most amazing Brooke by my side and this wedding was fabulous. Every. Single. Detail.

From the killer shoes...
...to the gorgeous dress

When Brooke & I had the idea of shooting these rings on her minature eiffel tower we had no idea that they were going to France for their 2 week honeymoon!

This is Scout. I think Scout my very well have gotten more photos taken of him than the bridal party did...or maybe even the groom. He was the most beautiful animal ever! Becky rescued him and it is obvious that he is eternally grateful and in love with her. Every step Becky took he was right there. When she started putting her makeup on, he just backed right up against her legs. It was precious, really. Just look at those big sad eyes!!

I never get tired of that steeple.

Becky stuck with the rustic feel of the church and used mason jars and simple cream flowers.

The lovely ladies

The man behind the awesome name himself

These guys had me cracking up! I mean, they were really funny. Obviously, Emory had a giant for one of his groomsmen.

So the guys thought it'd be funny to do a photo that made him the same height as they were. Priceless. I forgot to mention that Emory is a total romantic. While it's not a photographer's ideal, as a woman I have to respect the romance factor that Emory did not want to see his bride until the ceremony. Usually it's the bride who wants to stick to tradition but this was Emory's idea. How sweet it that! You can see that Becky was over the moon to see her groom!


Becky's talented brother played and sang a special song for them during the ceremony.
How cute is she? Sooo excited!!
Since they didn't see each other beforehand, we rushed to get a few shots of them before they headed to the reception.


I love this one on the left. I love it so much I just ordered a giant gallery wrap to display at the upcoming bridal fair.


We're going to do a bridal session in a few weeks and Emory's going to join us so we can take our proper time and get plenty of couple shots so I'll post those then. (Have I mentioned that I LOVE after the wedding bridal sessions? Well...I do:)

The reception was down the street at the Bay Trading Company there in Mooresville. Guests just walked on down to the party. It was beautiful.

As a last minute idea (literally like two days before the wedding) to keep the guests entertained we setup a make-shift photo area. We brought a few props and Brooke took funny photos of everyone. I think this turned out to be a great idea! We'll definitley incorporate this into future events.

Congratulations Becky & Emory!! I feel so lucky to have spent your first day as man and wife with you. It was truly an honor.

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome!! The pictures are so great! I LOVE LOVE LOVE them! Thank you so much for being there for our day! You are seriously the coolest person ever! Where did you come from? LOL I can't wait to do our next shoot and help at the bridal fair! I am SUPER excited! Thank you again for being amazing and making our day absolutely perfect!!

    ReplyDelete