bg

Thursday, July 15, 2010

My To Do List & Shameless Begging for Patience

I know some of you are waiting for your galleries, albums, blog posts and I really felt the need to apologize and give you some insight into my craziness. I’m working as fast as my brain and body will allow to get everything out to you. I thought I should give you a little glimpse at my “To Do” list:

1. Ship custom disc & case to Barbie (delegate to Jay)
2. Ship prints to Karen (delegate to Jay)
3. Mail Senior price list to Victoria (delegate to Jay)
4. Mail Wedding price list to Tina (delegate to Jay)
5. Return phone calls
6. Mentor Ashley*
7. RETURN EMAILS!!! (LaDonna, Karri, Michelle, Claudia, Becky, Emily, etc.)
8. Order enlargements for 3 different clients
9. Upload Becky’s galleries (whoo-hoo! Got those pics finished last night:)
10. Blog Michele & David’s engagement session
11. Blog Becky & Emory’s wedding
12. Edit Madison’s Senior session
13. Upload Madison’s gallery
14. Blog Madison’s session
15. Edit Helums Family
16. Upload Helums gallery
17. Blog Helums Family
18. Design 3 albums for Jackson
19. Design Karri’s wedding album
20. Design Ashley’s wedding album
21. GET STUFF READY FOR BRIDAL FAIR!!!
22. Update website
23. Figure out what happened to the facebook fan page I created and get that going
24. Sleep


The wedding albums themselves usually take me 20-25 hours each to design. Seriously…when am I going to get all of this done? If you’re a client or know me personally then you already know that I also have a full time “day” job from 8:00-4:30 every day, a 4 year old, almost 3 year old, husband and dog. Oh, and I also teach Sunday school class. (I know, poor kids, huh?)




As if I didn’t have a full enough plate, I agreed to do a mentorship for a college student that is required for her class. I feel really bad because I totally shouldn’t have told her I’d do it but I was just so flattered to get a call like that I couldn’t say no. She picked me out to randomly call up and ask if she could work with me. (Now, realistically I know I was probably at the bottom of the list but indulge me okay?) So I’m actually really excited about it! I just hope she isn’t disappointed.

I also failed to mention that I desperately need to get all of this done by the end of the month. Feel free to pause to catch your breath from laughing at my ambition. The reason I have to get it all done? Well, here’s my upcoming schedule (excluding the 4 or so who are trying to decide on dates):

7/22-Family Potraits
7/23-Bridal Formals
7/24-Kynsley’s B-day Party!! (yep, I scheduled myself an off day, don’t judge)
7/27-Senior Portraits
7/30-31-Muscle Shoals for day job
7/31-Engagement Session
8/7-Wedding in Huntsville & Bridal Fair (delegated to Jay—thanks sweetie! & Brooke-you're awesome!!)
8/14-Wedding in Athens
8/21-Wedding in Fayetteville
8/28-Wedding in Hartselle
9/04-Wedding in Athens
9/11-Engagement Session
9/15-16-Mississippi for day job
9/17-Wedding
9/18-25 VACATION!!!!! (If I’m still breathing by then)

So I’m asking—no—begging for your patience! I’m doing the very best I can to be the very best I can at all facets of my life. So I assure you it will get done as quickly as I can manage. I haven’t been to bed before 1:00 in a while and I now have 3 macbooks that I have all going at the same time to be a little more time efficient so slowly but surely I’ll knock it out.

In the meantime…if anyone would be interested in an assistant position then I could really use some organization & help. I’ll just have to pay you with brownies and cookies or something.



I know these photos are completely random. They're just some I happened to have on this computer and I felt like a photography blog post should actually have some photos in it:)

2 comments:

  1. Loved this post! You are extrememly busy. If you need me to help with anything just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't keep up with you!! Bless your heart!! Your time is very precious to you and I know how demanding kids are to deal with while you are trying to do something. I really don't know how you hold up very well but somehow you do it perfectly. If I can help in anyway please let me know!! I know someone who can organize very well.....Laura Leigh.

    ReplyDelete