bg

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Katie Lee

Katie Lee is such a doll. Really, she is. I call her the Sunbeam Bread girl because she reminds me so much of her! That curly little blond head and cute grin-just makes you want to go buy a loaf of bread doesn't it? Leanne's main request was to get a full length, timeless heirloom type shot to go in her new home that's under construction. I was quite nervous about this because that's a little out of my comfort zone. I'm a little more free-spirit type but I'm always up for a challenge! Well, there was no need to be nervous because Katie Lee was a pro! She was so perfect!! I have never had a not-quite-three-year-old behave like such a professional. It took us a few minutes to get warmed up but I think we ended up with some really sweet shots.



The photo below on the left absolutely took my breath away. I seriously wanted to cry when I saw it and immediately wished she was my child so I could order an insanely large print of it to hang up for the world to see. I mean, look at the way she's perfectly holding her dress out to the side and those gorgeous tree branches flowing to mirror the curve of her dress!! It really makes me beam with pride as if she were my own child. I love it so much that the following week I made a near-identical photo of my own two children and have already ordered a 20x30 enlargement of it. I'm totally not kidding--ask Jay--he thinks I'm insane. I really LOVE it that much.
I also really love this one on the right. I mean she was the perfect little subject!

At this point she was getting a little tired and mind you it was at least 90 degrees and bugs swarming us everywhere. I've sort of made it a regular practice that when kids start to lull a little I let them pick the pose and then show it to them on the display. We have a good laugh and then it's my turn to pick the pose. We take turns like this for a few frames and so far it's worked every time! (I just knocked on wood so as not to jinx my toddler-whispering secret). Here were Katie Lee's favorite "funny faces" poses:
LOVE the one on the right! (I also ordered a 16x20 canvas of my kids in front of this fence after this session. I need help, I know...Jay doesn't even know about that one yet!)

I adore the baby doll shot too. This sadly is the only photo in front the the cute little cottage because Donnie must have earned his wilderness boy badge in dangerous plant spotting. He quickly told us those pretty vines were peppered with poison ivy/oak (poison something) so we had to scurry on out of there. Thanks Donnie! It's always good to have a wilderness boy around.
Katie Lee is such a proper little girl. Her whole family is really. Her mother, Aunt Kitty and Grammy...they design gorgeous dinner things and arrangements. Nothing like me as you can tell by my use of "dinner things". I really don't know the proper term but you know what I mean. They know how to make things look really pretty and classic and have nice china dishes and that type thing. They're what I picture as traditional Southern Belles and just fabulously classy ladies. So I thought a little tea party with her stuffed friends would be perfect for Katie Lee! I've actually had this idea with my own daughter but I'm realistic. Kynsley would never be able to pull it off. She's much more "peace-out" than proper. The entire tea set would be broken before we could get the first frame. Katie Lee pulled it off perfectly however, just as expected!
Katie Lee LOVES her Mommy & Daddy. They are the sweetest little family. It's so obvious how much they all adore each other and what a happy life they've built.
The one on the right was Katie Lee's pose.
And I had to include this last one simply because...look at Leanne's legs! Wow!! Does she look fabulous or what?!
Thanks so much for sweating out the morning with me! Katie Lee was a dream and thanks to that little muse I now have several huge enlargements inspired by her shoot that I have to try and find a place for:)

3 comments:

  1. Love the pictures!! Alicia, you do an awesome job on outside pictures!! I would love to have some fall pictures made but I don't know if my two would cooperate or if I needed to wait until Abby is older. I know that I mentioned something about that last year but that was before we got Abby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful! Great family pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia, you did such a good job with these. I'm a little partial, but I think that Katie Lee is absolutely the most beautiful child I've ever seen, and you've captured her at her best! Also, thanks for the compliment as describing me as a classy southern belle, although, if you saw me right now still in my pajamas at 2:30, no make up, sitting beside a huge pile of towels that are yet to be folded, you just might change your mind! :)

    ReplyDelete